View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004   #21
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Default Long Distance Optimism

I am thrilled everyone has picked us to finish DEAD LAST (remember "Major League"), they usually are about as right as weatherman on his predictions. How many KNOWLEDGEABLE(?????) groups had Miami as a Super Bowl lock in 2003. I print out ESPN predictions and at end of season look at them, last year they should have stuck to playing jacks instead of picking division and Super Bowl teams.

I live near Dallas and only news we get is about 2nd BEST PRO TEAM IN TEXAS, give me a D.....give me an A...you know what I am spelling. Thank God for Houston Texans website, Houston Chronicle online edition and Fox Sports Southwest and the internet for news on Texans.

I see us getting an 8-8 season in 2004, have we lost 4 games to Titans...YES. However we had the lead going into 4th quarter last game in 2003 with such an injured and tired D that we couldn't hold it. We also held Indy to a close game so should we be ashamed...HECK (for lack of a stronger word) NO.

We are as good as any other team in AFC, will we go 16=0....NO, will we lose games we should win....YES we are a young team, we have a ways to go but we have no reason to hang our heads.

FACTS

We are 1st expansion team EVER to win back to back season openers

We are 1st expansion team (since Vikings) to win season opener

we are 1st expansion team since Vikings and since no more guarantees (1 player per team to Pro Bowl) to send 2 players to Pro Bowl.

We tied for 2nd best all-time record by an expansion team 4-12 (Jacksonville Jaguars also 1st year 4-12)

We didn't make playoffs 2nd year like last 2 expansion teams....BUT NFL changed rules so that wouldn't happen again. We are good young team going places, playoffs will come in time in the toughest division in AFC

While our team works out in heat and humidity that is Houston, the other team wimped out and ran off to Oxnard, CA average August temperature is 80

Texans are the only pro team working out in Texas, the only team representative of TOUGHNESS and HARD WORK Texas is known for.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO TEXANS!!!!!!
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote