View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011   #60
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If CB Nnamdis Asomugha signed Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
No offense, but that's such a lame argument. It's old. McNair has money, and has spent it if he thinks it's necessary. If Gary Kubiak told McNair that every single player needed a million dollar diamond earring in order to win, McNair would write a check in three seconds.

McNair isn't cheap. He's just overly loyal and not very competitive in spirit. There's a difference.

The problem is, McNair looks at teams like Pittsburg and New England, and think: "Hmm. They've never spent big money on free agents. They build slowly through the draft. That's what I'm going to do."

The problem with that line of thinking is that Pittsburg and New England have VERY high standards for players and coaches. The things we tolerate here won't be tolerated there. The result is a culture of WINNING within both franchises, which makes it easier to recruit high caliber players and coaches.

The irony is, if McNair had a bit more of a mean streak in him and raised the bar for his employees, he wouldn't HAVE to spend a lot of money.
I think it is more of a risk factor. Some fans will risk more than others, especially when the result has little impact on us as individuals. Reminds me a bit of politicians who say anything and then when they sit on the throne of power they make different decisions.

I would spend $74 million 5 years of Bob's money for Nnamdi but if ASO gets hurt or has a bad year or two, it is Uncle Bob who looks silly not BADBOY.