View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004   #20
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree with the general sentiment but I think your Optimist category could be subdivided into "Unrealistic" or "Blind Homer" categories.

There's nothing wrong with being an optimist, as long as you remain realistic. That's kind of where I see myself.

Blind homerism often leads to the unrealistic views and expectations that are never met, leading to the frustrations you describe.

It's all semantics.

I love the enthusiasm that all of our fans bring forth but I've seen it go from unbridled enthusiasm to apathy in the blink of an eye so many times over the years ....

We need our fans the most when we are losing, not when we are winning. So far, Texans fans are doing a great job supporting this team. There is as much or more energy now as there was in Setember '02.

No judgements being made here -- just observations. People who spend their hard earned money on tickets - or those who can't afford to attend the games and follow on radio, TV, and various forms of media can be whatever fan they want to be. It's totally their choice. I happen to prefer to be around fans who arrive early - stay late and make a lot of positive noise while in their seats -- throughout good years and bad years.

I think I have found inspiration for the next Voice of the Fan piece...

Last edited by aj.; 07-31-2004 at 07:01 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote