Thread: JJ Watt
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011   #39
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I'm thinking JJ will be on roster & as of today I think:

1. ILB 2. NT 3. SS 4. Center 5. CB/FS 6.DE/OLB 7. WR
Sharpton will impress Wade, maybe enough they can move Brian to strong side olb? creating more options, pass rushing angles for Wade to implement.

Makes sense to enable Mario standing up, but think he still needs to spend some time down low in front (5 tech). Thing I like most about this draft is not only how the FO addressed defensive needs, but they went to strength of draft which was the 5 tech position, they had to take either Watt or Jordan to have the flexibility to do the things Phillips wanted plus taking BPA off the board.

They just got plain lucky Brooks was still there after all those 3-4 teams who needed OLB passed, then made their own luck for a very low cost to trade up for Brandon Harris clearly the top corner available on the board. Checking the depth sheet all three are projected starters or at least contributing significant minutes.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote