Thread: JJ Watt
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: JJ Watt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I'm afraid that by using Mario as an OLB we will be under-utilizing his talents. Mario is in a similar position to Aaron Kampman who struggled to make the transition from 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB.

Personally, I would rather keep Mario, JJ Watt, Jarvis Green, and Antonio Smith as our DEs and have guys like Tim Bulman and Tim Jamison try and make the transition to OLB.
That is, unless you believe the words coming out of Wade Phillips' mouth.... which I can understand if you don't.

Mario will play DE, like he always had. He will be standing up more often than not, which will be somewhat of a change, but it's pretty similar to the way we used Mario a couple of years back.

If we are successful on first & second down, look for Mario to put his hand on the ground, just like Ware would.

All we are really doing, is kicking Antonio Smith inside permanently & taking Okoye off the starting line-up.