Thread: JJ Watt
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011   #34
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Question, if Mario is not a Texan after this next year, does DE or OLB become our #1 dire need for 2012 draft? I know it's early and I guess the best scenario in that case is for Barwin and Brooks Reed to be terrific as OLBs.
I think there's a better than average chance that we'll franchise Mario as an OLB after next season. The Texans are going to want to see more than one year of quality production from any player at a new position before offering him a very expensive FA contract. If we were to lose Mario to FA after next season I don't think it makes DE or OLB our highest priority since we just picked up Watt and Brooks. Mario leaving would leave us very thin at those positions and they would need to be addressed in the draft but probably only in the 3rd-5th rounds, quality depth. I see NT, FS/SS, and ILB as our highest priorities next year along with depth at OLB, CB, and FS/SS. I could see us having another almost exclusively defensive draft. We still need some better starters at a few positions but we also need some much better quality depth as well. Bentley is getting old, Sharpton is just to small to play in the NFL, and Barber sucks.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote