View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004   #22
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastlyman2003
But V, what about Terrell Suggs? I think that Jason Babin is faster, and stronger than Suggs. He also had more total sacks than Suggs had in college(38-34), so it would seem logical to me that Babin SHOULD have a better season than Suggs did.
Suggs had an unusual year and was a situational pass rusher and really never played full time since he wasn't good enough to be a full time starter last year. As far as sacks go he is the exception and not the norm. Suggs didn't do too well against the run and was not good in coverage either. Babin should have a better all-round game than Suggs (because Babin was better against the run at WMU) but I would not expect him to get to the passer as much.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote