View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011   #217
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 1.11: JJ Watt DE Wisconson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokalus View Post
I don't think anyone grumbling about the pick is grumbling that JJ Watt will be a bust. I love his attitude, work ethic, and underrated athleticism, but this pick just screams SAFE. And again, not that there's anything wrong with going with the safe pick, but I was ecstatic that the Texans had the opportunity of drafting Nick Fairley.

We can talk all we want about Mario's inability to consistently get to the QB, whether it be lack of effort or due to injury, but the push up the middle is something that opposing QBs have never had to deal with against this team. Having someone that is able to consistently collapse the pocket from the inside would help out Mario and Antonio immensely, as the QB then has to either take a few steps back or run into one of the DE's waiting arms.

I guess I just see NT as our biggest area of need, as the Amobi Okoye project is running out of "potential," and I'm not sold on Mitchell being much of a playmaker at the position.
He was the BPA and should be a great player.

The only problem I have is with AS and MW as the DEs, he is the closest thing this defense has to a luxury pick.

Fairley could have been a monster as our jay Ratliff
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote