View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011   #201
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 1.11: JJ Watt DE Wisconson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
My comments aren't negative in a personal way..I like the guy alot...but I saw him play TCU and saw alot of his stuff and tall before that game. He has alot of good qualities but it isn't a slight to question where he will fit in this sceme and if there were better options. I think everyone does this at this point. I'm reading about Tyron Smith being the next Alex Barron on the Cowboy board.
I was actually replying to the link CnD posted with people whining and crying at the chron.com

He fits our scheme perfectly, and allows us flexibility in how we utilize MW. To generate a pass rush all game you have to have a solid rotation of guys, and now we have that at DE, and we can move MW outside in obvious passing situations. I think MW becomes our version of Ware, where he gets moved outside but rushes 90% of the time.

I'd love to see our nickel D be a 2-4-5 with Watt and Smith inside, MW, Brawin/Anderson outside, Meco and Cush with 5 DBs (hopefully a few new ones)

One thing I can't understand is that fans have blasted us in the past for drafting for need and in some cases reaching for need, and this year we go BPA and people are slamming us for not filling needs at OLB and DB. I did not want Prince. There was a great article several weeks ago looking at how the top CBs performed against top level competition and Prince did not fare well at all. Harris did and he might be there for us in rd 2. I would have been happy with Quinn, but a lot of guys thought he was better suited for a 4-3, similar to Kerrigan. I like Fairley, but I don't think he fits our scheme.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote