View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011   #164
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Selection 1.11: JJ Watt DE Wisconson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
OK. I'm sure someone was having that conversation... but I don't remember that. I don't know that there is any position other than maybe kicker that you don't take with the number 1 pick. I mean a few years ago RBs were always taken in the first 3 or 4 picks... now they are less of a commodity... the game changes and people move up the boards. You don't take a DT with a top 3 pick either. If you are watching someone and they are saying "that's not good value" for that pick... Ingram was GREAT value at 11...

Mike
Very good argument, the NFL does change over time. Hopefully we'll see something we've never seen out of 3/4 DEs in 2011 that will justify it.