View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011   #156
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 1.11: JJ Watt DE Wisconson

I really like the pick - especially what Im reading about him. A physical freak on the D-Line that never takes a play off and always goes 100%, and who doesn`t only get to the QB, but also is great against the run and at swatting away balls. A player that can play DE or NT. And a player that gives us the flexibility to put Mario at OLB. And a player that is thought to have a nice, long career.

I don`t know how you can argue with that. True, he might not be that flashy player with great stats that people want to see - but he will make this team better - if everything we read here translate, he will make this team way better!

True, Fairley or Quinn would`ve been nice pickups as well, that filled a need. I guess the Texans never thought about Quinn due to his issues - and probably Wade didn`t see Fairley as a good fit.

Now, let`s see what we do with our second. Id be happy with OLB (Houston?), NT (Pea?) or S (Moore?) here... Id love to pick up a CB in FA - add Aso to the mix, and get a rush LB soon, and this team suddenly has a pretty impressive defense.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote