View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011   #115
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 1.11: JJ Watt DE Wisconson

I'm happy with the selection. I don't think anybody thought that Antonio Smith was our long term solution at 3-4 DE. It's a little bit of a bummer short-term as we need so many starters right now, but Watt looks like a great fit for the future. He'll also add depth. People undervalue depth at defensive line. Good defenses rotate guys throughout the game and Watt should still help us in the short-term even if he doesn't start.

Looking forward, we desperately need to do something about our outside linebacker and safety situation. The fact that we are drafting before we are getting guys in free agency is making this more stressful than usual.

We've got Barwin (maybe Cushing?) at OLB right now and that's it. If we don't get a young guy in this draft, I am going to be very nervous about the direction of the football team. This position is absolutely crucial in grading our draft as it is such a huge need.

My question now is, do we value outside linebacker or safety high enough to maybe reach on one here in the 2nd or do we just continue to go a tentative BPA style?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote