View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011   #107
Tx Longhorn
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Tx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 1.11: JJ Watt DE Wisconson

The Texan defense needed a player who was going to do everything.. A guy with a high level of intensity, a strong work ethic and a non-stop motor, someone who is willing to surrender stats to make the defense as a whole better.

This is JJ Watt to a tee.

From everything I've read and seen from Badger fans who followed Watt's career, and from draft profile sites, noone will work harder than Watt. ESPN' folks even made mention of it: you're getting a player that will be moving at 100 miles an hour every play, from opening snap to the final seconds.

To me, EVERY team needs a JJ Watt on their roster.. The Texans sure as hell are no exception.

I've heard every comparison from Julius Peppers (I don't see it at all), to Aaron Smith, to Chris Long, to Bob Lilly.. Me personally, I see a LOT of Chris Long in him. That's a home run pick to me and just what the doctor ordered.

Regarding the OLB, I'm confident.. Brooks Reed is still available and can be had in the second.. Dontay Mock really has a nice profile. He can be had in the third. Hell, I may be the only one who thinks Mario will do just fine at OLB, but I do.

Either way, I'm stoked about the pick. For the person who said it was a reach, from what I hear, Dallas strongly considered him at 9. Detroit was interested at 13, as was Minnesota. He wasn't a complete reach.
Tx Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote