View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

While there is improved depth on the defense, the Texans are depending quite heavily on three defensive starters who are coming off significant injuries. I'm hoping that we will see Glenn, Payne and Walker return to 2002 form but we may have already seen the best from those guys. Glenn and Walker are no spring chickens and quite frankly I was kind of surprised at the money they gave Walker. Payne has had three surgeries since last September and we may not see him until the week before the Tampa game. One brief conversation with Glenn's surgeon left me with the opinion that his chances for re-injury are pretty high. Cross your fingers for all those guys because we need all of them in there and performing at a high level in order to have a successful season. Did I mention Glenn's backup is also coming off a knee injury?

And for the person who can't believe how anyone could ever pick the titans above the Texans in the standings.... speculate all you want but all I know is that we're 0-4 against them and they still have a very potent offensive attack and a Fisher defense that will get after you. Why doesn't anyone think that Long, Starks, LaBoy, Schobel or Odom can emerge as legit impact players as Kearse and Hall did before them? They will miss Robaire Smith and Kearse but they have several good young DLs behind them.

Last edited by aj.; 07-29-2004 at 09:26 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote