Thread: Its Time
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004   #21
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspian
There's a lot of room between Ricky Williams (who, incidentally, is also asked to play as a "pound the ball between the tackles" style) and a Hearst/Barlow combo.
True Ricky is a pounder, which probably means he needs more of a breather than speed/shifty backs or his career may decline early.

Quote:
The greatest backs usually play the game start to finish with appropriate breathers and there are plenty of examples. That's what I would want for either DD or Hollings.
Truthfully I am not concerned with having someone recognized as the greatest back, I am concerned with having the Texans recognized as having a great running game. With that in mind, maintaining the health of the backs and developing the back-ups is a priority over the national acclaim for any individual player IMO.