View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005   #30
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I disagree strongly. Fire Capers (There is no Fire Capers Club) and promote Palmer to HC while keeping him in charge of the offense. Then see what happens. If the Texans offense comes to life then you know the problem was Dom. If it doesn't then hey, it's still early in the season so we've got time to Fire Palmer (Is there a Fire Palmer Club?) and promote Hoke.

Has any team ever had three coaches in one season? I sense another record coming up!

I think you are one of the few who "Gets IT" ....

We all blame Palmer for the offensive woe's .... Because IN NAME he is responsible for the offense ... But I think thats where it ends ... IN NAME.

Capers has Palmer handcuffed by his fundamental theory . Which is that you must RUN to PASS ....Capers teams have always been based on the Power Running Game and as Ive said several times ....

This Team IS NOT capable of that , they just dont have the personel . No bruiser back who can MOVE THE PILE , no DOMINANT O-line , No good TE .... The O-line lacks size / strength at the CENTER position , they also lack SPEED at the guard and tackle positions ....which means they cant PULL effectively .... They just dont have that DOWNHILL running game .
They HAVE to spread the field to run effectively . They have to get DD in the open field for him to use his strengths ... not just run him up the gut .
They need to Pass to set up the run , not run to set up the pass .... (See Philly last year.)

Palmer may be calling the plays but .... They are Capers' plays .....If they were Palmers you would see them line up w/ 4 WR ... Not the I-Formation .
Palmer is simply the scapegoat for Capers in this fiasco we call the Texans offense .....He's easy to blame because of his title .... Remove Capers and you remove the problem

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote