View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004   #8
geofb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Are you kidding Porky? .
I don't think he was kidding and I think he pretty much hit the nail on the head. Do you think the rest of the division is going to roll over and play dead because we'd like to win a few more games? Many point to our close losses last year at home vs. Tenn/Indy to show we will break out with a big year. But turn that around and look at our wins. The Jags win was a gift when Leftwich fumbled when he should have been running the clock out. Falcons win was against a nearly Vick-less team. Panthers, Bills, and Dolphins wins were all close games that could have gone either way. For all who point to our close losses and say we could have been 8-8 or 9-7 last year, we could just as easily have lost 3 of the 5 games we won and been 2-14. Keep in mind we were dead last in the AFC in yardage in BOTH offense and defense last year.

I think we can get to 7-9 this year but only with much improvement over last year. Anything more than 7 wins is unlikely for 2004 although hopefully we will get in position for a winning record in 2005.
geofb is offline   Reply With Quote