View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Disrespect? Did you even bother to read the article?

If the Texans finish 7-9 or 8-8 it would be a good year.

The titans have a "skeleton crew?"

They have basically everyone returning on the offense. Losing McCariens won't be a disaster as they still have Mason, Calico and Bennett. Plus they added an impact TE in Troupe. Eddie George's numbers will be covered by Antowain Smith and Chris Brown. On defense, their line experience took a hit losing Kearse and Smith but they still have Carlos Hall and Kevin Carter. Schoebel is a big question but they have a good bunch of young guys in Starks, LaBoy, Long, and Odom backing them up. Their LBs and secondary are still intact from last year. If the titans beat the Colts in Week 2, they are my prohibitive pick to win the division. My only question on the titans is the DL production. I can see the Colts in their home opener on Week 3 sitting at 0-2 with a whole bunch of cheeseheads in the stands.

As I said somewhere before, I wouldn't be surprised if the AFC South ended up 10-6, 9-7, 8-8, and 7-9. If the Texans happen to be the 7-9 team, that means we were competitive as hell and probably in the wild card picture until the last couple weeks of the season. That's nothing to feel disrespected about, especially only in the 3rd year of the franchise.

Last edited by aj.; 07-29-2004 at 12:59 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote