View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McNair: "We're not going to do something we think is crazy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The thing is McNair didn't say they would only go after mediocre players and that is the way it is being spun. They may want to pursue Aso but have placed an upper value on him of $15 mil per year. If he wants $22 mil per year then yeah they shouldn't overpay like that. In a capped league there is a price to be paid for over paying. There has to be a cut-off somewhere.
I agree in some part. And honestly, I didn't take it as he would only go after mediocre guys....you could get a Cromartie, who would fit, but he is sketchy background wise so I doubt he is here. I was just pointing out to Dale that those 5 guys weren't guys I'd consider top FA or near the top and they overpaid. I think at some point you have to get an instant upgrade and go outside the comfort zone when there are top tier guys that instantly make your weakness and plus. Rare guys.