View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004   #199
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 299943 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
I know its been a while since last season.. but EVERYONE was agreeing last season that DD was awesome but just didnt have the size to muscle his way into the endzone.
Hazarding a guess here, but I doubt there has ever been a subject that EVERYONE here agreed on. Anyway, given that the two RB's with the highest season totals for TD's ever Emmitt Smith 5'10" 209 lbs and Priest Holmes 5' 9" 213 lbs (heights and weights included for Lucky) are basically the same size as DD, I would say the line work and for lack of a better description a nose for the end zone count more. Compare them to Fred Taylor who even though 232 lbs has had some difficulty at the goal line and thus the Jags had first Mack and now Greg Jones to punch the ball in.