View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004   #182
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Taking Hollings in the supplemental draft was a gamble & far from a sure bet. As are several of the later picks in this past draft. One that needs mentioning is Jammal Lord now here is a gifted talent that just needs a chance to shine and has the size to play multiple positions. I bet a cold beverage IF he gets a chance to play WR he will excell, along with AJ that would be a couple big strong receivers.

Why do I mention this because both are gambles but given the right situation both can succeed. The problem is that there was such a glut of talent in the 2004 draft that blue chip starting capable players went deeply through the entire 2nd round. I'm sick and tired of hearing excusses that the Oakland pick was predicated as only a late second round pick, even so WORSE CASE a wonderful talent would have been available without the question marks of rehab or changing positions. Those should be reserved for later rounds.

I would rather have Greg Jones with the 55th pick than Hollings (33rd pick) anyway, as long as we're all dreaming in never never land
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote