View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011   #44
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young: "I am ... an elite quarterback in the NFL"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
VY leaving the Titans is a good thing for us Texans fans. The guy was undefeated against Houston and him leaving sets the Titans back greatly. Win Win situation for us.

Vince will have multiple teams trying to bring him in as a starter. Upwards of 4 or 5 teams will be in the mix. His best situation would be Minny obviously. All this talk here of him being finished is just crazy talk. Dude can play he just needs to grow up but he is still young and has been a successful starting NFL QB.
He reminds me (in general) of Ryan Leaf. Both QBs have a lot of raw physical talent, but their minds are their own worst enemies. Leaf never could get his head on straight and ended up being considered a bust. VY has a ways to go before that verdict is issued, but he certainly needs to grow up and get his mind right if he wants to avoid that verdict in the end.

Now that he's no longer a Titan, I've got nothing against the guy. I wish him all the best and it will be interesting to see if a new team is the key to him taking advantage of a second chance.