Thread: JJ Watt
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt

Now that JJ Watt has declared, draft boards will adjust his stock upwards, I put him in our draft board to float his name out there to increase awareness so my fellow board members are down from the start. I'm thrilled rmartin65 agree's & in fact put him in his january mock as Texans #1 selection. My only worry is if he will still be on the board #11? He is in the mix of picks 6-11, Texans need some luck (take Andrew too) may consider moving up to address DL for Wade Phillips if he is his guy?

Texans are out of range now for either Nick Fariley/Marcell Darius (1-5 range). They also need a NT but will have to wait for the 2nd rd. or hopefully address this position with a proven 3-4 NT like 49ers FA Aubrayo Franklin. If Wade Phillips can come in here & nail these two needs it will help the secondary automatically plus they have rest of the draft/FA to address safety/cb position.

Did I mention he also fits the all important Texans criteria of selecting TE's? Yes he also played some TE, a state champion in Track & Field shot put, lettered in Basketball & Baseball too so the all around athlete applies which is a common trait of great DE's.

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 01-07-2011 at 08:45 PM.
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote