View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Compensatory Pick

I think the qualified UFAs are those who were signed during the free agency period:
- Unrestricted free agents who have received the June 1 tender from their prior Club, from March 5 to July 22 (or the first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp, whichever is later - I think the Cowboys held the first TC on Jul 24).

Compensatory picks are based on NET loss of free agents.

The formula places values on the players as well as counting them. It's possible to get an extra pick if you sign the same number of guys as you lose - if the value of the guys you lose is much greater than the value of the ones you sign. But the picks awarded this way will only be late seventh rounders.

We signed Smith for 4yrs @ $12M and Rackers for 2 yrs @ $4M
(both will probably be valued as 7th rounder)

Falcons signed Dunta for 6 yrs @ $57M (value = 3rd rounder)
Redskins signed Grossman for 1 yr, contract value unknown (If he signed for under $1M, he probably won't count).

Seahawks sign Pitts for 1 yr @ $2M; however, the reported date that I found is July 29th (???) so I don't know if Pitts qualified or not. (If he qualifies, his value is a 7th rounder.)

I guess we will just have to wait and see.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote