View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004   #16
Dilbert R.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by __V__
It looks like the worst RB situation in the NFL to me. You have a guy nobody wanted (Smith) and you pair him with a back that hasn't been healthy in a full season ever. Colorado backs are like Penn St backs in the NFL. Guys like Rashaan Salaam, Chris Brown, Blair Thomas, Curtis Enis and Ki-Jana Carter all have impressive College careers but don't do much in the NFL. You have a College-system back in Brown.
I agree about the dismal projection of performance from the Titans RB, and believe the loss of George is going to hurt them in more than just yards per carry that Titans fans keep alluding to. Eddie gave more than just 110% on the field. He gave 110% off of the field too. He was a great leader, and midway through the season when Brown is hobbling, and Smith is coming up short, and the crowd in the "Coliseum" is unusually quiet, when they had been chanting "Eddie, Eddie, Eddie.." seasons before - those big unfilled shoes will belong to #27 for Dallas.
The only RB situation worse to me in the NFL, would be Miami's because of Williams departure.
Dilbert R. is offline   Reply With Quote