View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011   #45
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Blue Crew pals only!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I knew a few people from Red Bluff Elementary at PHS. We were in school around the same time (I'm 43 so a few years ahead). I went to Garfield elementary on transfer, as the folks didn't want us to be 'latch key kids' at that age, so we ended up at a daycare every day after school until mom could get off work and rescue us.

Cool story about the bull! Those were the days, and I remember the buzz around town when "Urban Cowboy" was being filmed. Then it was years of folks coming from all over the country to visit Gilleys.

I remember reading that story about Sherwood! After reading it I realized that all the stories I was told as a kid about him were true!

Funny about Rayburn and Parkview (my younger sis went there). I adapted pretty quick and was fortunate to meet a lifelong friend across the street from our new home. We started a rock band right away, and since he was a really nice guy and popular (his older bro was a football star at the school), I got to ride his coattails a little bit. My sister always resented being at Rayburn, though, and would hang out with the trashy crowd just to piss off the folks. Good times, man.

Funny about all the places you mentioned as they all come flooding back. That Oshmans was a big deal when it was new. All the cool kids got to wear their dessert boots and Ocean Pacific stuff, but I was still stuck with Weiners and Sesar clothes. Made me mentally tougher in the long run, though, not fitting in and following the crowd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2ci2ev8FZY

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote