View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011   #43
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Blue Crew pals only!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
My mom still lives just blocks away from where Gilley's used to be. My actual address was Houston growing up, but it was the border along Allen Genoa off of 225 near the ship channel (man, when that north wind blew, the stink was just nasty!). Me and my metalhead friends were tempted to take a leak on the Gilleys site, but we were still scared of Sherwood Crier. Went to school with one of his daughters and knew a bit about him, so hitting that hornet's nest was a strong deterrent to 'paying our respects' to Gilleys.

But always attended Pasadena schools, and the folks ended up moving after my freshman year as PHS. I then went through the culture shock of a blue collar family moving in with the uppity crowd at Rayburn.

I am very familiar with all the places you mentioned. I wore a lot of clothes from that Sears and Wieners on Southmore. My junior high jazz band played at the ribbon cutting of the Pasadena Plaza, and I've played many times at the stadium on Burke.

I don't get back to Pasadena much these days, but every time I go I'm amazed at how much has changed. The Fairmont corridor exploded the past 10-15 years! Used to be nothing but fields but now it's full on suburbia and strip malls.
I used to work at that power plant off Light Company Rd . I guess from 82 to 88 . If you jumped on Old Galveston and drove about 10 miles south , that's where I grew up .

I had to sing Christmas carols at the Pasedena Plaza in 5th grade . We had a Weingartens and a Monkey Wards there also . My parents liked to go to Wyats cafeteria on payday and then walk around Woolworths . Then they put an Oshman's in when I was about 13 ... yeah .

We were told that Rayburn and Parkview were the rich kids and that one day we'd probably work for them . That's how they got us up for games . I know some Rayburn guys , some Dobie guys to .

About Sherwood .

http://www.houstonpress.com/1997-05-...rwood-s-rules/

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 01-04-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote