View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011   #42
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 52460 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Blue Crew pals only!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
My mom still lives just blocks away from where Gilley's used to be. My actual address was Houston growing up, but it was the border along Allen Genoa off of 225 near the ship channel (man, when that north wind blew, the stink was just nasty!). Me and my metalhead friends were tempted to take a leak on the Gilleys site, but we were still scared of Sherwood Crier. Went to school with one of his daughters and knew a bit about him, so hitting that hornet's nest was a strong deterrent to 'paying our respects' to Gilleys.

But always attended Pasadena schools, and the folks ended up moving after my freshman year as PHS. I then went through the culture shock of a blue collar family moving in with the uppity crowd at Rayburn.

I am very familiar with all the places you mentioned. I wore a lot of clothes from that Sears and Wieners on Southmore. My junior high jazz band played at the ribbon cutting of the Pasadena Plaza, and I've played many times at the stadium on Burke.

I don't get back to Pasadena much these days, but every time I go I'm amazed at how much has changed. The Fairmont corridor exploded the past 10-15 years! Used to be nothing but fields but now it's full on suburbia and strip malls.
I went to Red Bluff Elementary back in 1976 and 1977!!! I rode the bull at Gilley's when I was about 6 years old. I remember that well. A good looking chick held my hand and it moved as slow as possible. I grew up in a beer joint my step dad owned off I-10 and McCarty Dr. We were all over the east and southeast side growing up...
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote