View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010   #31
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1035 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft position question

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
If this team switches to a 3-4 I will stop following them. It's that simple. That would just be pissing down our own leg or puking out the window on the highway. We don't have anything close to the players needed to win with that scheme. We don't have enough draft picks or time to get it done either. The entire notion is retarded in my opinion. You would need a NT, two OLB's with some ability to get after the QB, and if you're thinking about shifting Cushing and Ryans (coming off a major surgery as it is) you're still leaving two gaping holes at LB. If you even attempt to assert that Diles is an answer, I will laugh in your face. Then, you can move to our current problems that we will have a hard enough time filling with our lack of a true FS and our complete ineptness and lack of experience at CB. Like I said, I will absolutely laugh in your face if you think switching would be the smart move.

Sorry to rant.
Sorry to break it to you, but this year clearly shows that we don't have the players on defense to win with any scheme. Are we closer to a sound 4/3? Sure. Are we that much closer than to a 3/4? I seriously doubt it.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote