View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010   #28
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft position question

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
If this team switches to a 3-4 I will stop following them. It's that simple. That would just be pissing down our own leg or puking out the window on the highway. We don't have anything close to the players needed to win with that scheme. We don't have enough draft picks or time to get it done either. The entire notion is retarded in my opinion. You would need a NT, two OLB's with some ability to get after the QB, and if you're thinking about shifting Cushing and Ryans (coming off a major surgery as it is) you're still leaving two gaping holes at LB. If you even attempt to assert that Diles is an answer, I will laugh in your face. Then, you can move to our current problems that we will have a hard enough time filling with our lack of a true FS and our complete ineptness and lack of experience at CB. Like I said, I will absolutely laugh in your face if you think switching would be the smart move.

Sorry to rant.
as I know your prone to do but in this scenero I must agree. Conversion back to a 3-4 that was never successful to begin with, then aquiring defensive foundation players speicalized for a 4-3 would be suicide, setting Texans back another (regime) 5 years. the Texans need to get smart or lucky, I don't care and actually draft an interior ideal three technique 4-3 DT. Let's assume our professional representation amongst Texans scouting department have a better understanding what exactly to target & fill this need? Texans are going to need some luck on this but a perfect fit would be Drake Nevis, LSU & he might still be on the board in the 2nd rd.? He is cat quick & fits the profile @ 6'1" 295. Unlike Amobi or even Mario he has an assortment of pass rushing moves, I've seen him use a spin, rip, club & arm over just to name four, plus he plays consistantly with a sense of urgency.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote