View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010   #25
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft position question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Not really. Antonio Smith really shouldn't be looked at for the long term. Amobi Okoye just doesn't look like he can play football. You could line him up at 3-4 DE but would he really be successful?

Basically you have Mario, Smith, Okoye, Mitchell. That could easily be upgraded with a guy like Dareus, assuming he is your top player on your board. I agree that we don't need to reach for a 3-4 end if we were to switch to that defensive scheme, but I don't think we should pass up our top rated player if he is a 3-4 end. Kerrigan or Miller would probably be better picks than Dareus if the GM rates them similiarly.

I definitely agree that we need to add a NT if we move to the 3-4. We would probably have to add 2 or 3 of those type of players.
A vet FA (FA Franklin or Coffield) Lewis,Mitchell and a late pick ( I like Dexter Larimore in the 4/5th rd.) Should be able to hold down the fort for a couple of yrs.

This team needs to spend its high picks on another OLB,S,CB,WR/PR-KR.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote