View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010   #24
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft position question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
If the Texans do in fact make a move to a 3-4 Defense, a bad idea in my opinion, they will need 3-4 NT's and several LB's not 3-4 DE's. They have plenty of players currently under contract that can play 3-4 DE.
Not really. Antonio Smith really shouldn't be looked at for the long term. Amobi Okoye just doesn't look like he can play football. You could line him up at 3-4 DE but would he really be successful?

Basically you have Mario, Smith, Okoye, Mitchell. That could easily be upgraded with a guy like Dareus, assuming he is your top player on your board. I agree that we don't need to reach for a 3-4 end if we were to switch to that defensive scheme, but I don't think we should pass up our top rated player if he is a 3-4 end. Kerrigan or Miller would probably be better picks than Dareus if the GM rates them similiarly.

I definitely agree that we need to add a NT if we move to the 3-4. We would probably have to add 2 or 3 of those type of players.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote