View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010   #23
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft position question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I agree whole-heartedly with your post. Especially about a veteran CB. It looks like Bailey will be leaving Denver - I would LOVE to add his presence to our secondary. Any idea of how likely that may be? I think McNair will be more willing to get FAs this offseason than ever before. It will either be to (a) keep Smith/Kubiak's job and make it easier or (b) please the new coaching regime. I still think we're a Safety with range away but I would actually feel good about Bailey, Quin and Jackson at corner.

As far as our 1st rounder: What would I give for a true stud NT!!? Would Darius, Fairley, Paea or even Nevis from LSU be able to play 3-4 NT? If we could just add a veteran CB like Bailey I think our 1st/2nd rounders could really sure up the front seven with a NT/OLB combo or DE/OLB combo. Whether we're a 4-3 or 3-4, a NT and pass rusher could very well be had.

Kyle Williams of the Buffalo Bills is not your typical nose tackle (6'1" 300-Lbs) yet he's doing a solid job over there. Jay Ratliff, untill now, was only 300-Lbs and he was a force at the nose tackle position so I don't think we really neeed a Kris Jenkins beast-like player.

To me, the success of a 3-4 scheme comes down to simpile team work and OLBs. If we can find players who can get after the QB, we won't need to invest too much into the nose tackle position allowing us to get a CB in the 1st round of the draft.

We could also use the 1st round to get a pass-rushing LB, but for the most part that position has been a hit or miss.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote