View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004   #36
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Davis isn't a very good back. However, he isn't among the elite backs in the league. He is a rookie back who got over a 1000 yards in his first season. It is a great accomplishment, but it is by no means prolific or amazing. Lots of backs came into the league with a splash, and then had no impact from then on in the game. Hollings value is based solely on potential at the moment. It's not a stretch to think that Hollings' potential is slightly higher than Davis'. Given that Hollings weaknesses can be corrected with playing time, coaching, etc., but speed cannot be taught. That is DD's main weakness. I tend to agree that neither will be the elite running back for the next decade, but I think that it is quite possible that Hollings would push DD for playing time now that he's a year removed from the ACL injury. All in all we have two good RBs who both have good potential. On a side note to address Beastlyman's comment about 'he's a starter end of story' remark I need only remind you that Emmitt Smith is the starter heading into camp for the Cardinals. I don't think anyone here thinks he will remain the starter when the season begins. I do not contend that Hollings will be the starter this year for the Texans. I am just simply illustrating that being listed as the starter in training camp doesn't mean very much.

Last edited by texasguy346; 07-27-2004 at 02:54 PM.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote