View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004   #35
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastlyman2003
what are you saying infantrycak? They were running behind the same line. the personnel was the same!
But the available game plan, the level of competition and the performance of that personnel was all different. Jets--1st string QB that the week before had thrown for 371 yds, against on of the bottom five run D teams and a very good outing by the OL vs. the 1st start for a rookie 3rd string QB (so obviously the game plan is incredibly simplified and run oriented giving the D an advantage to stack the box) against a #1 run D and the OL performed for crud having one of their three worst days on the season (the others being NO and TB where combined they gave up 13 of the 36 sacks given up all year i.e. almost 40% of the sacks given up all year) and were rather than opening holes for the RB were opening holes for the DL and LB's, oh and let's throw in the not fully recovered from knee surgery yet--seems pretty simple, not a fair comparison for judging the entire NFL career of two RB's

Quote:
Hollings doesnt have the vision, cutback ability, power, or intangables that Domanick has. He wont be a better back. If he was better, he would be STARTING! Case Closed.
No if he was healed he might be starting. Given your inclination to use such an unfair comparison to judge the two backs, I think I will stick with the Capers, Palmer & Casserly on thinking Hollings has potential.