View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010   #20
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: YTF's Mock Draft v1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I disagree honestly. We (still) need a FS. We need a WOLB. We need a C. We need a legitimate LT; yes, I am still upset we wasted a pick on Brown, and no we aren't turning this thread into why I am right all these years later and now there is a growing interest in making him a LG. We still need a CB. We still need an impact DL other than Mario.

We need impact at a few positions. We don't need talent across the board like before, but we need a serious upgrade to quite a few positions before we can compete. FS and LT would be the most obvious examples, followed by OLB and another starting CB.

We don't have the depth to give picks away. Honestly, very few clubs ever do. And even when they do, it's only for a short period. Fool's gold way of thinking. Injuries happen. Player regression happens. FA happens. Depth is just a fictional word in the NFL.
That's honestly what free agents are for. You address a few needs there and then can play the draft and move up to get a guy or down to get more picks. We almost refuse to do that most of the time.