View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010   #56
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Special teams/Joe Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Something about this whole thumb issue doesn't mesh right with me. I'm thinking they really did not want to leave him exposed on the practice squad.

I was a big fan of Holliday and still am despite his preseason struggles. I believe he has tons of potential. I saw that upon his very first return before he got "coached up". There are some players that you just let them be. Let the kid run on space. Worry about coaching up the blockers or solving the new wedge rule change.
I have a feeling that Holliday has a very good chance of proving himself on KO returns (we'll have to see on P returns). In preseason, he actually had 4 out of his 5 KO returns go for greater than 20 yds (ave on those 5 being 24 yds). The STs blocking in preseason was even more of a mess than it has been in regular season. The offseason camps and TC/ preseason should go a long way to Holliday's development.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote