View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004   #15
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard on the 610 a few minutes ago that Coleman preferred jail time to probation. The judge gave him a stern lecture citing the accident happened in front of a funeral home and the dangers of driving under the influence, then sentenced him to 3 days jail time. Coleman's attorney hasn't decided whether to appeal.

I can see Coleman's point about probation. Even though Coleman probably wouldn't be in such a situation again, and have probably learned a very valuable lesson, a year or two of probation requirements to fulfill sounds less preferableif than serving the time and putting the episode behind him. Also, if he isn't an alcoholic I don't think he should have to attend year of AA classes. However, if the sentence was a longer period of time and if he is a problem drinker, then, of course the consequences should be more severe.

My guess is that Coleman is thankful that no one was injured during the reckless episode, he's probably embarrassed that his behavior and the result was on National TV for all to see as well as well as any NFL or team fines.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote