Thread: Kareem Jackson
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010   #70
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Your attention to and grasp of the details is impressive 76Texan and I also appreciate the time & effort you took to make such a comprehensive entry. Good work man !
Being a guy with considerable bias towards one particular CB in this conversation (BSUs Kyle Wilson), I wanted the Texans to take him over either KJ, MCCourty, or FSUs Patrick Robinson. Of course the top-rated corner, Joe Hadin, was long-gone before the Texans pick rolled around.
But Wilson has also been a disappointment, since like your claims about KJ he's been put in a tough situation because what time he's played he's had little help in the Jets-Blitz happy defense. I just know Wilson looked great at the Senior Bowl, but of course he was covering college receivers and not NFL receivers.
But there's been several plays where KJ didn't appear to have the top-end speed to hang in there against the wide-out on a fly-patter or other deep route while McCourty seems to hang in there stride for stride in comparable match-ups ? You seem to be saying those plays weren't KJs fault because of the absense of safety help over top ?
So 76Texan, you still contend that KJ was the right pick for the Texans over the other corners available to them ?
Thx Idexan, and all those who loves to talk football.
I'll get back to this some other time.
But, in short, yes, I do believe the Texans made the right choice, at least on draft day.
Nobody knows what the future will hold, but I think what I see so far, I like.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote