View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: YTF's Mock Draft v1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
excellent additions across the board. will add lots of quality depth along with possibly 2-3 starters which should keep Texans just above average.

Harris best corner available, but not bpa
I don't think we're in a position to draft strictly BPA. BPA will likely be a QB like Mallet or a WR like Jones. We draft BPA out of a selective few positions.

Lewis is very productive, so is Sharpton/Diles
I like Sharpton but really dislike Diles and I've made that clear since we drafted him. Could be my bias against his school though. However, Sharpton/Diles aren't that productive and Lewis would upgrade the front/back 7, depending on which you feel is our biggest need.

Kirkpatrick is a true replacement for Myers
I don't know if he's an instant replacement. Myers seems to have the ability to just stick around. I think Kirkpatrick is at least depth and has the ability to challenge for the starting spot.

Romeus is excellent sleeper DE pick, had a bit of down year but talent is there.
This was my thought process as well

Kendall Hunter jump all over him if still here?
There are a lot of other RBs in the draft, and honestly, they are a dime a dozen. The shelf life on RBs is only a few years in most cases. I think his injuries will drop him. I think he could get onto the field because of the pass happy system run at OKST and his ability to help in pass protection.

DeAndre Brown is a good receiver borderline roster/practice squad, just look at Dickerson.
This was more of a BPA pick than anything else. Injury concerns and lack of speed. Natural redzone target though.

Alex Henry is starting punter day one, good for FG attempts 48 up

Good to read you again YTF
Thanks for the feedback.