View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
You have to wonder if that completion percentage is a function of where the ball was thrown. I'm sure that most of Bradford's attempted receptions were further down field on the average. I think that is a key contributor to the difference. Keep in mind that Bradford only dropped one pass last season.
One thing the was very disappointing to me last year was down field accuracy from all three of the Texans' QB's. AJ and Bradford, and thus the entire offensive production, suffered from way to many wide open WR's being overthrown on 20+ yd long plays several of which looked like sure fire TD's in the hands of AJ or Bradford given their speed. Once all the practice for the OL has resulted in sufficient coverage for a long play to develop and the Texans are taking one of their shots and big play threats like AJ and Bradford have gotten open, the QB's have to put the ball on the money and capitalize on everyone else's efforts.