View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010   #31
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Special teams/Joe Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile View Post
If he was good, it doesn't look like it in 2010. Steve Slaton has evolved from a fast guy into a dumb guy. Our kickoff returns absolutely stink this year...I've never seen anybody make stupid mistakes or run directly into the pile like the 2010 version of Slaton.

Top that with the Jacoby Jones Patented Open Space Fair Catch that occurs at least once every game and I'm inclined to believe that scheme is involved.

I guess what I'm saying is that I hope Marciano's just as gone as Kubiak at the end of the year. Last night they (special teams) were a big part of the difference in points and field position but it's more than just last night.
I would not be upset if Marciano is gone. But I am not sure if he is as bad a coach as his unit reflects this year.

Maybe we have just been spoiled by having such great return men in this franchises history and this one down year is just an anomaly???
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote