Thread: Kareem Jackson
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010   #56
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Of course, I did not miss your post when you mentioned better plays from Myers this season (your idea, not mine; since I don't see hardly any difference, the cirscumstances are different is all.)

When I finally retire for real, I will offer you (or anybody else for that matter) to sit down and go over each and every single play in the 09 season.

At least, I have made the effort to watch each and every play to see how each and evey player (as much as the camera angles allow) on both sides of the ball perform.

If you can show me that Myers suck (or KJ) as compared to their counterparts in a 16-game season, I will treat you to an honorary drink of your choice, be it a Bud Light or a Louis XIII Cognac. (I believe I've already made a similar offer.)

And then I will go on this board and admit that Myers and/or KJ suck!

If one chooses to be a casual fan or semi-serious hardcore, there are any and all kinds of goats out there to choose from, suit yourself.

But as one who learns to love the game for all the intricacies, I just have to say that people really need to do their homework.

That was what I really want to post; however, in light of sportmanship and such, let me just say that everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Just let me quote Bill Walsh:

If there's one thing that frustrates me a little bit about fans and the media, it's that they really don't - and they can't - grasp the mind-boggling and painstaking detail that go into a football game. When things go wrong, they lash out. That's their right, certainly. But I wish they could step back sometimes and look at a play that's gone awry and say, "Why didn't that work?" They need to understand the detail.
It's all in the eyes of the beholder, bro. I do re-watch games at times, but my spare time is much more important than analyzing each and every play of a football game. Also, we aren't in the huddle during the game and we have no clue what any individual player's assignments are during any given play. We go by assumption.

If you wish to analyze each individual play then go for it, but don't discredit people for not wanting to agree with you. Watching plays over and over does NOT make you any more knowledgable about football than me or anyone else around here. So please, spare me on the "do your homework" BS. I spent many a years training, practicing and playing football. Does that make me more knowledgable than anybody else? Nope, and I don't pretend that I am.

For now on if I disagree with your analysis of an idividual player or play, I'll agree to disagree by not replying to you. I'd appreciate it if you did the same. Thanks