Thread: Kareem Jackson
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Just let me quote Bill Walsh:

If there's one thing that frustrates me a little bit about fans and the media, it's that they really don't - and they can't - grasp the mind-boggling and painstaking detail that go into a football game. When things go wrong, they lash out. That's their right, certainly. But I wish they could step back sometimes and look at a play that's gone awry and say, "Why didn't that work?" They need to understand the detail.
After a couple of years of Kubiak, I thought to myself, surely this man isn't as stupid as posters on this board say he is. Surely there is a reason other than Travis Johnson's draft position for him to start every game, & not even bring in competition.

So I started watching the game, particularly the DT position. I watched the Texans, I watched the Vikings, I watched every team I could, to see what was different between what TJ did, & what other DTs did.

I learned the difference between a UT (up tackle, 3Tech) (Warren Sapp, John Randle, Simeon Rice) & the NT (not really a lot of "names" here). I learned that TJ played that position about as well as anyone. There are a few notables (Kevin Williams) but not many.

No matter who we put at that position, they tend to "disappear." Granted, TJ never played like Suh, Sapp, Rice & probably never would/could..... But at NT... where Gary put him... that's about as well as you're going to see the position played.

People started griping about Myers, so I started watching him play.

I learned people are going to ***** & make stuff up... & it's no use arguing with them.