View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010   #48
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 80689 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub - Am I The Only One ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Schaub is what he is. He's an average quarterback at best surrounded by an offense that enables him to just not screw up too badly and he puts up good numbers.

When that breaks down is when it comes time for him to step up and make a play on his own. He is not able to do it.

He might not be the problem with this team per se...but he's certainly not been able to find the answer to the problem either.

The sports world is littered with guys that put up hollow numbers that have little to do with winning and losing.

Look at Dominique Wilkins. Ostensibly he was just as good as Kobe Bryant.

They both have averaged 25 points per game for their careers. Both a little over one steal, half a block, Wilkins has more rebounds, Bryant more assists.

If games were won on paper, then you would be just as well off to have Wilkins as Kobe.

Games are not won on paper. Schaub will win you games on paper...
Yes. Nevermind that DW played in an era when teams averaged 120 a game instead of 100. Having someone score 25%+ of the points a team needed to win vs 18-20% isn't a difference.

Its not necessary to actually look at anything but the raw numbers when analyzing them.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote