View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010   #46
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub - Am I The Only One ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Schaub has a noodle arm. Well maybe not noodle, but it's far from being strong. That said, we've known that for a while. He's never been the guy that would stretch the field with long vertical passes, leading receivers so they could catch it it stride.

His strengths has been his ability to read defenses and keep drives a live by buying time in the pocket.

Last night though, he looked dumb at times. Schaub has been very inconsistent throughout his career here. Even though he put up a lot of yards last year, he was still inconsistent if you take the entire year into account.

I think Schaub is a good enough QB to win with...He's not elite, but if we could field a better defense to take some of the pressure off the offense I think we'd be a lot better.
spot on. I pointed this out a couple of years ago and got shouted down. I noticed then that wide open guys would have to wait on the ball and have to settle for long gains on what should have been TD catches.
That said, I still think his decision making (most of the time) and knowledge/understanding of this offense makes up for his average arm (again, most of the time).

Getting rid of Schaub won't cure a defense that gives up 28 pts/game. That's the issue that needs to be fixed.

saaay... Orlovsky has a strong arm, you want to start him??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote