View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010   #89
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Jerseys for Sale

OK. I made the suggestion in private and I'm going to make it publicly. Its my suggestion and honestly its up to Ben to do what he wants. I was pissed but I realize that stuff happens in life.

Ben,

Post something on the board. Explain the situation and what happened. If you got over your head in this then say so. Life happens and we are all friends on here. People are pissed because it looks like this is a scam. My advice is that you give everyone a choice. Let them either get a full refund. Post that you will be automatically processing refunds for people if they don't reply by a certain date. I would say EARLY next week to give people on the board a chance to see this message. Tell them if they still want their jersey to contact you and that you will give them a discount of some percentage. 10/25, whatever it is a show of good faith. There will be people that want their refund immediately and just do that. It isn't realistic for you to eat everyone's money and nobody, I believe, really expects that. Whatever date you say though, you ABSOLUTELY MUST follow through. If its going to take you a week to get the money together then say so. Don't give a deadline that you can't meet. That will, from what I can tell, get people to consider taking legal action.

We know you're not in an easy situation and once people start to see that you're trying to make amends they will be more likely to understand. I wouldn't be aggressive OR private. Do everything publicly. Nobody wants to be promised the world they just want what you can realistically do and I don't think anyone wants you to eat the price of their jersey.

This place kind of like a family. Treat people like they are though and just be honest about the situation. I'm kind of a newcomer here. I've only been around a couple of years, and we talk about personal situations and important stuff. We ask for advice. Maybe you're scamming, and that will come out too... but if you really want to fix it and continue your friendships you need to do something... and tell people what's going on. You've got their money and they have a right to know why they don't have a jersey or their money back by now.

To everyone else:

You might think I'm being too easy. Lets remember we've all, especially in our youth 'you ol' timers you', promised something and then not been able to deliver. I don't care what the reason was, we got scared and only made the situation worse. I know Ben's talked to some people offline and do as you people wish. I'm trying to make it easy to fix and give Ben an out. God knows I made mistakes when I was trying to run a computer business about Ben's age. It cost me more than I put into it and I still wound up with people unsatisfied, but thankfully I had someone give me some good advice. Ben if you make it right and give the whole, real story you'll regain some of what you lost. That's not an easy thing to do. You can also just ignore me or go the other way. If you're scamming it will be easy to tell. If it was an honest mistake then just man up and people are much more likely to give you a break. I wouldn't do any more private communication though. Do it all above board so everyone has the same story and noone is wondering what is going on (other than payment/personal information of course). Make your commitments here though.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote