View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010   #118
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cortland Innegan Speaks Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Is it just me, or is there a pretty good correlation (sp?) between a team's success and at how high of a level its QB is functioning?

Manning. Brady. Brees. Rivers. Steve McNair. Elway. Montana. Rothlisberger.

Even the Ravens, when Flacco is doing a good job of managing the game, seem to excel and succeed.

The longer I am a fan of this game, the more I can't ignore that a coach's success just might be hitched to the wagon of a very consistent and productive QB.
So would that change your view of Fisher? I'm not looking for validation, because I think it's time for him to go as well. But Fisher has had one solid, consistent quarterback since the move: McNair. If we go off the reports that VY was Buds choice, and not Fisher's, and going off of what you just said, we shouldn't totally blame Fisher for his lackluster overall record since McNair left. In fact, we should commend him even more for the 10-0 start two years ago.

Personally, I believe Fisher to be an above average coach; I think mediocre is harsh, because you do have to look at the intangibles (the move, like GP said, little consistency at QB outside of McNair, etc.) but the most damning thing for Fisher's stay in Nashville is he couldn't win when he had the best team (2000, 2008). After this season's implosion, it's time for him to go. If not this off season then next.

And this thread is hilarious.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote