View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010   #107
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cortland Innegan Speaks Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I just got very bad vibes about Gruden when he did what he did last night and we look back and see what he did with QBs back in Tampa Bay. Dude is a mouth.
To follow up...

What QB would be thrilled to know that the new head coach is going to be Gruden? I wouldn't.

Because he throws them under the bus.

Yeah, the key to winning is to have a mean look on your face. Never smile unless you are winning. How absurd...

If I got guys playing cards on the bench during a game, then we got a problem. If a guy sits down and smiles or GASP! laughs if a guy says a joke or something lighthearted, and we happen to be losing, then someone stop me if I start wrongly connecting dots and try to say THAT is what's wrong with this team.

Somebody will hire the guy. That's probably why he is distancing himself from the Hurricane college gig. I don't trust that guy's motives. Collecting QBs at Tampa, starting a different QB every week. Pulling them. Pushing them. Playing them off one another. And now trying to take a snapshot of Anderson and use it to belittle him and to create a shock story out of it. That's bad character, IMO.

Someone can say I am doing the same thing about Gruden right now. But I would not have felt this way had he not publicly shamed Anderson on MNF. Now it's becoming a pattern. There's a theme being established, IMO.

All he had to do is balance it out: "Anderson smiling and laughing down there on the sideline. [pause] you know, there's two ways you can look at that. On one hand, you don't want to see anybody on your team 'happy' about getting drubbed. On the other hand, there's something to be said about keeping a smile and trying to stay positive." Then he could move on and talk about handling adversity and blah blah blah. But no, he had to belittle him. Judged Anderson's heart (on national TV) and ruled on the verdict: Guilty. I don't think Anderson is a good QB, but he got jobbed pretty bad, IMO.