View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010   #106
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cortland Innegan Speaks Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Repped.

Although I don't really agree with most here that Kubiak is a bad coach, I can understand the reasoning that in today's NFL, 5 years without getting to the playoffs might warrant a change.

But if you're going to change coaches, at least make it an upgrade, or else what is the point?

I've asked this before, and I'll ask it again. If Kubiak produced only 6 winning seasons in 17 years, would you be happy with that?

If not, why would you be happy with Fisher?
Based on what I saw out of Jeff Fisher this past game, I have to take him off my list.

Instead of trying to coach his players, he was always running around with his arms stretched out asking for a flag on almost every tough play. He has lost his edge over the past few years, which I think coincides with the acquisition of VY and Bud Adams' meddling. He's tired. He's worn out. And everything about the Titans has finally caught up with them, and with Fisher too.

In addition, let me say that Gruden starting a non-story about Derek Anderson on MNF has also made me remove Gruden frmo my list.

I still don't think Kubiak has the ability to effectively prepare this team, especially in terms of the weekday preparation and strategy you should employ against each DIFFERENT opponnent (and to me, it looks like we do the same thing each week and expect to win each week. Not gonna' happen in today's NFL. You have to take risks, change up your habits and style a bit.). I don't want Gruden coming here and being a fire starter. Look at what he did with the QB situation in Tampa: He did the same thing there, where he had like 4 QBs and he essentially tried to make all four of them compete week-to-week and look how that turned out. He is a fire starter, IMO.

As much as I dislike Kubiak's strategy planning and implementation of gameplans (and to some degree the way he doesn't make changes faster with personnel and coaches) at least he's trying VERY hard to stay civil, stay classy, and to not go nuts like Fisher has.

Of course, Fisher has been doing this for a looooong loooooooooong time now. A season like he's having this year, after how much he has endured in the past, is enough to push anyone over the edge IMO.

All of this is to say that I must now say that Bill Cowher remains, IMO, as the one guy on my potential HC list who appears to have kept his class and isn't trying to grandstand and make things about him.

Still not happy with Kubiak as the long-term HC here. But after this weekend, and after watching Gruden create a ridiculous NON-story last night, those two guys can stay away from my team as far as I am concerned. I just got very bad vibes about Gruden when he did what he did last night and we look back and see what he did with QBs back in Tampa Bay. Dude is a mouth.